Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Australia Day in Sydney!!!

Dont even know how to start!!! Had so much fun on this last trip hey! I knew it was gonna be fun when I saw this flight on my roster last month! Oz Day in Sydney could not be a bad day! For those who doesnt know, January the 26th is Australia Day, and thousands of Aussies hang out on the parks/beaches/foreshores around the country to celebrate their national day and eventually watch different fireworks shows taking over around the main cities. But before that they drink, and drink, and drink!!! And its always fun when a beautiful city like Sydney is filled with drunks!!! LOL
So yeah, I landed in Sydney at 7am of Australia Day! Raf was waiting for me at the Airport as he had flown from perth that very same morning. We then had a nap till 2pm and cought up with his friend Jesse, from Canada for lunch at Wagamama! We then decided to buy a few bottles of Champagne and head to Hyde Park, where there were hundreds and hundres of people drinking from 10am apparently! As my flatmate Benny was doing a similar trip to sydney, he didnt take long to join us and the 4 of us just drunk ourselves stupidly all day long.....:P
We tried to make it to the skyshow that they had in Darling harbour, but we didnt quite make it, as they got the place packed before we got there! :( But it was ok, we had to get changed to go out clubbing nways, so we didnt care that much! :) Before that we had to take Benny back to his Hotel room, cos the poor drunk bastard couldnt remember how to find it by himself! Left the weak behind and moved on to Oxford Street! :P Didnt last long though, but had a good time. Tried to sleep a few hours before my pick up to Christchurch the next day...but didnt happen...:s

Raf, Jesse & I on our way to Hyde Park!
Three of us at Hyde Park!
Benny joined us for a drink...or was it 8?!?!?! :P
Moi sipping Ben's Rose!!!
Nice tongue Jesse!!!
Rafico & I!!!
Again...
Still at Hyde Park...
Drinking on the streets of Sydney! God I miss this FREEDOM!!! :s
And Ben gives up...:P

Christchurch adventure to follow... :P xoxo