First Sao Paulo Layover!!! :)
WOW! I never thought this day would ever come! Direct flights from Dubai to my hometown Sao Paulo, where Mum & Dad popped me 26 years ago! :P But here we are, the joys of working for an airline that has been going beyond expectations every year and adding an average of 8 new destinations per year.
I was so excited the night before that I could barely sleep. In fact, there was more than excitement disturbing my rest. I woke up around 3am with rashes all over my body. ☹ They were so itchy and I thought: “Crap! Im gonna have to call sick for my 1st Sao Paulo flight!” But then I decided to walk down to a near by hospital and got diagnosed with an allergic reaction. A few injections later I was back in bed and still managed to sleep for 3 hours before I had to go to the Airport.
The flight to Sao Paulo is one of the longest on the network, taking an average of 15Hours to get there. I was very excited to be there, boarding the passengers in Portuguese, distributing Brazilian newspapers, etc. When we landed into Sao Paulo, as I was doing both Portuguese & English announcements, I was almost crying, it felt so good to arrive back home, where it all started. ☺
I was very lucky because this layover was a 54 Hour one, so I had enough time to see my family, buy brazilian food to bring back to Dubai, and party with my friends. Also managed to take some of the Crew out for dinner on the second day, and I am sure they had a good time!
So yeah, on the return flight to Dubai I had this amazing feeling of mission accomplished, cant explain why, it was just really nice to return to Sao Paulo operating a flight! Looking forward to coming back!


<< Home