Thursday, June 15, 2006

Falling in Love with New York! (Part I)

On the plane...

Aproaching NY!!!

"Oh My God!!! What a fantastic place!!!" This has been my reaction every hour I get to spend in this amazing city! No wonder NY is loved by so many people around the World! Its just unbelievable how much there is to do here! Thats why I better update this blog as I go, otherwise I will never get to share everything with you guys! :)
Well, Ben & I arrived here on Monday the 12th, around 3pm. On Monday we took it easy, cos we were pretty tired after a 14hour flight from Dubailand. The flight wasnt too bad, just long and boring. Nway, when we got to the Hotel that we had booked a few months ago, we had our first good surprise! They put us in a room on the 16th floor facing nothing but The Empire State Bulding!!! Check out the pics below, its on our face! :) Then we went out for a walk up Times Square...Central park...and 5th Avenue...and started spending our Dollars at Abercrombie & Fitch already! :P We walked quite a bit, but I reckon this is the best way to get to know a city hey. It was deff worth it!

Empire State Building through our hotel room window!

Times Square

Having a Pretzel on Broadway!

Central Park

Rockefeller Center

Little Brazil Street!!! :)

On tuesday we woke up pretty early, around 8am, and by 9am we were already on the Staten Island Ferry taking some Free pics of the Statue of Liberty! Walking back from South Ferry St through Wall Street, and Brooklyn Bridge. Had lunch in Little Italy and did some more shopping in Soho. Late in the afternoon we went to try our luck to get Lottery tickets to see Wicked, but we didnt get in, unfortunatly. However, it didnt let us down, so we went and tried Rent, and we got it!!! $20 front row tickets!!! For those who dont know, lottery is when you show up 2 hrs before the show and write ur name down on a piece of paper, and after 1/2hour they call the lucky names! And when we tried that for Rent, we both got called out!!! Yay! I had seen the movie already, but still loved every minute of it! :)



Isnt she pretty?

Ben & I on the Staten Island Ferry, on our way back to Manhattan.

World Trade Centre Site - How sad... :(

World Trade Centre Site

Wall Street

Brooklyn Bridge

Little Italy

Today we decided to take it easy, cos we were pretty tired after the long day we had yesterday. So we only went up to West Upper Side, where Sex & the City is filmed, and went back to Soho and Macy's for some more shopping! hehehe...I swear I should have caps of every colour under the sun by now!!! :D We also tried to get lottery tickets for Wicked today again, but we were twice unlucky this time. :( Right now we about to head out to get some Brazilian food for dinner, and might head out for a few drinks later, depending how tired we are. So yeah, hope you all enjoy the pics!!! Xoxo