Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Having fun in Christchurch!!!

Oh yeah, whoever been there must be asking the same question that I did ask myself a few times during my layover there. How is this possible??? Hehehe... Most of us find Christchurch a bit too boring and were forced to accept the fact that its just a "recover" layover between two Sydney stopovers! But once again, I was wrong! :P
This is all thanks to my new buddy Jesse, from Sydney, who after listening to me complaining about having to fly to Christchurch on the day after Oz day, decided to call a friend of his over there to take me out! I didnt quite believe that he would, but for my surprise he actually did! Well, Lee came over and picked me up at the Hotel after midnight, I didnt really think anything was going on that late in that city, but it was! So along with Richard, Tim, James, Melanie and her "secret lover" we started our night at the Concrete Club, a underground club on the main street of CHC! A few drinks later, I was having the best time with all those, by now, not so strangers!!! :)
After that we went to check out the "gay scene" of Christchurch and lets just not talk about it! :P hehehehe...Put this way, thank God I knew people there! :) We then tried to make it to another str8 club, but they have a "lock out" law when places wont let you in after 3am! :( So no more fun for us, but again, by then it was 5am and I was more than ready for bed!
The next day, Lee and Richard picked me up at the Hotel just after 12 and we went for Brunch at this very cute restaurant. Afterwards they took me on a little "road trip" around CHC. Checked out the local beaches with black volcanic sands, and the lookout of the Harbour! They then dropped me off at the Hotel just before my pick up and that was it! I must confess that I wasnt expecting 10% of all this out of my 27 hrs in such a quiet little town, but yeah, now I cant wait to go back there!!! It was great to meet them all!!!! And hey guys, tnx again for everything!!! Lets deffinately keep in touch! xoxoxo