Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Saturday night in Athens

The last flight of my Top bid month was Athens. When I checked my roster and saw Yati on my Crew I knew we were gonna have a great time! To make it even better it was a Saturday night, so I was sure we were going to head out and party hard with the Greeks, specially cos both of us had been to Athens before and done the whole touristy stuff.
But, the moment I walked into our Briefing room, I thought I had walked into the wrong one. All the Crew looked like they were going to Lagos, or Dhaka! They were all so BORING!!! And worse, Yati wasn’t there!!! ☹ I called her straight away and thank God she was on her way! During the flight we managed to spot one more Party Animal Talent within that bunch of unhappy, sexually frustrated bunch of trolley dollies! Her name was Kate and she was from the UK, such a lovely girl, from Liverpool. Couldn’t understand a work of what she was saying, cos they have such a strong accent I swear, but she was lovely!!! ☺
After having a quick power nap, the three of us met up downstairs and went out for dinner. Had dinner at this typical Greek restaurant with really bad service, and then we started our mission looking for a nice Bar or Club to party. After a few trails and errors, which included more errors than any trial I had ever tried, we found a nice Bar where we decided to stay a but longer. A few drinks later, crazy Kate comes back from the bar with a new friend, a brazilian model, who was working in Athens during the Greek Fashion Week. The pretty girl, whose name I cannot remember, introduced us to all her model friends and next thing we know, we felt we belong to them! LOL They were all about to leave and invited us to tag along and come over to this exclusive Club in Athens with them. We told them we had no $, so they said: “Who is asking you to pay?” ☺ It was so much fun, walking down the streets of Athens, with a bunch of 20 models, laughing and joking around thinking there were no one else pretty enough in the World! ☺
The moment we arrived at this Club we thought we were never gonna get in, cos the queue was HUGE, but then, somehow, we got in straight away, all together. It was funny how once inside the club, people were giving way for us to pass, and the Hostess took us straight to the VIP area right next to the DJ booth. Bottles of Vodka and Red Bulls were all ready for us! I was in my little heaven at this stage!
Gosh we partied so hard! Yati eventually abandoned us, cos the lucky thing picked up a model boy from Kosovo. Kate and I kept partying till very late, and eventually our new models friends started coming down from their drugs and were leaving one by one. Afterwards, because we can afford, and didn’t have to look skinny the next day, Kate & I went straight to MacDonalds and stuffed our faces with Big Macs! The next day a hangover was inevitable, but we still managed to have a good flight back. Thanks girls for the good times!!! xxx C.