- Looking after my Parental Units - Paris with Mum & Fortaleza with Dad!!!
When I book this long Holiday last year, I was meant to be going to Brazil with my wife Bianca and a few other friends on a cruise ship. However we did not get the dates we requested and had to cancel the whole thing. ☹
I then decided to go around the World with B. We were going to Brisbane first, then from there we would fly across to San Francisco via Sydney, onto New York, then back to Dubai. It would take us 14 days and only U$ 500 in airfares, but then I watched a movie…
The name of the movie was “The Ultimate Gift” and this movie made me change my plans only one week prior to our departure. In this movie I realised how selfish I have been, and how I could spend half of the money I was about to spend on myself taking my parents away. I then decided to take them separately, so I could have all the Mummy time in the world for a week, followed by all the Daddy time in the world for another week! ☺
I flew down to Sao Paulo straight after operating a turnaround flight to Kenya, hired a car, and drove to Ibitinga, a small town where my parents live, 4 hours driving from Sao Paulo. Picked Mum up and drove back to Sao Paulo the very next day.
We left Sao Paulo straight away on an Air France flight to Paris. My dear Jenn was away on holidays herself, so Mum & I had her little Flat all to ourselves. ☺ We had an amazing week. Filled with a lot of site seeing, coffees, wine, and Mum & Son loooong talks. I was very happy to be able to provide such experience to the one responsible for my existence on this planet… ☺
We then returned to Brazil on the 12th of Feb and then took Dad away on the 13th for a week. We flew up to Fortaleza, the capital of the estate where he was born, where he still have some relatives, including a 90-year-old sister. I never thought I would have so much fun sitting there for hours and listening to all his stories along with his older sister. Those two were too funny! Still fighting as if they were 12 years old! ☺
I then took dad back to Sao Paulo, and flew back to Dubai on the same day, as I had a New York trip coming up soon. I just cant put down in words how great if felt to have spent those two weeks with my parental Units! ☺ I am so looking forward to doing all over again soon!!!


<< Home