Monday, November 19, 2007

Bangkok - Sydney Trip!!!

Normally the month of Reserve is a very scary month. When you are bound to only get bad flights, because they are the flights people normally call sick for. But from my second reserve onward, I learnt that if you sit and wait for Scheduling to call you, you will get crap, but if you do the work for them, and instead do your research and find flights where they need Crew and that you rather do, voila! You can build your own roster trust me!
So yeah, Bangkok – Sydney is a very popular trip, because you stay away from the SandPit for at least 8 days. Layover in Bangkok both ways for 24 hours, and in Sydney for 72 hours with a turn around to Auckland stick in the middle.
I have never been a big fan of Bangkok to be honest, and always said that I would rather layover in Singapore on my way to Sydney, but this time I changed my mind! For the first time ever, I decided to try and explore the night of Bangkok with some of the Crew, along with a friend of mine Thulio from Brazil who was also there on another trip. And we had so much fun! We first went up to this Bar called Vertigo, on the roof top of a hotel, with 360o views of Bangkok. We then headed to DJ Station, the gay club of Bangkok, and had so many tequila shots that I can barely recall taking pics with a baby elephant outside of the club. :s
This trip was really good. We kept on partying almost every night in Sydney as well, and on the way back in Bangkok again! Thanks Su, Rod, Elly, Thulio for the great time!!! ☺