Friday, November 25, 2005

Monday in London

<- Me & Carolina

Hello Everyone!!!

Yes, when I realised that I had a London flight on a Monday morning I thought, what a waste! What am I going to do on a Monday night in London??? I really thought it would be a very quiet layover, with only a few hours of shopping, lunch with a friend, and thats it. Well I was wrong!!! One thing about London that I had forgotten is that it never sleeps! So following a friends advice I still slept as soon as I arrived at 7am, and just left the Hotel after 3pm, with the intention of spending the whole night out.
So that was what I did. I woke up at 3pm, took a shower and went to Old Street where I was meeting up with Carolina, Raf's sister, yes my dear Sis -in-law!!! Hehehe...It was great to finally meet her, and we had such a great time. We had lunch in a Vietnamise Restaurant and then coffee in a very nice cafe near her work. She had to go to work at 6pm so we said good bye, and promised to catch up again next month.
Then I called my friend Richard from Auckland, who is almost a local in London, and we had a few drinks followed by a nice meal in Soho, by the time we finished it was 11:30pm, in other words, time to go to Heaven! As soon as I got there I realised why Franchesco (a friend from Dubai) loves London so much! The place was huge, and it was packed!!! And as far as I could remember it was a monday night! So yeah, the queue for the Cloak Room was massive as expected with outside temperatures of freezing -3 degrees, but while standing in the queue that I realised the odd about that place. It was packed with Brazilians!!! They were everywhere! And to my biggest surprise, when I approached to the desk of the Cloak Room, I realised that items and prices were also written in Portuguese! WTF!!! Was I in London or what???
So yeah, Heaven turned out to be bigger than I expected, with 5 or 6 different areas, playing different kind of music, with a lot of young people enjoying a Monday night as if there was no tomorrow! How can't you love that? Hehe...Nway, I stayed there till 4am!!! And I still had to force myself to leave, because it was so much fun. Took a night bus back to Heathrow Airport, and managed to have a 1 hour nap, before my wake up call. It was hard to get up, and fly the 7 hours back to Dubai, but it was soooo worth it, and trust me, i would do all again, specially on a Monday Night!!!!

Cheers!